Accounting and Payroll SpecialistSHARE
Kinney & Lange, P.A., an established intellectual property law firm located in downtown Minneapolis, is seeking an Accounting & Payroll Specialist to join our team. We are looking for a candidate with strong accounting, payroll, analytical, computer, and communications skills to fill this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience in, and be responsible for, providing a wide variety of accounting support functions for the firm, including Payroll, Employee Benefits, Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts, Financial Analysis, and Reconciliations. This position will report to the CFO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Payroll & Benefits
- Obtain new hires paperwork required for compliance and processing in payroll.
- Coordinate and process all aspects of payroll and upload to our payroll provider (ADP) on a semi-monthly basis.
- Complete all payroll related GL entries and reconciliations on a monthly and timely basis.
- Update various financial schedules on a monthly basis (e.g., salary analysis, PTO balances).
- Administer employee benefit plans by processing current employee change requests and preparing and processing applicable paperwork for new hires & terminations.There will also be heavy involvement during the annual benefit open enrollment process.
- Review vendor invoices for medical, dental, vision, HSA, STD, LTD, and life plans to ensure billings are accurate and reconcile with payroll deductions.
- Handle retirement plan transactions in conjunction with payroll; compile annual census.
- Accounts Payable
- Review all firm related incoming invoices for proper approvals, coding, and compliance with Sales & Use tax rules.
- Obtain W-9 forms from new vendors and create & send 1099s on an annual basis.
- Process vendor invoices, expense reports, & credit card transactions by entering them into our accounts payable accounting software.
- Print checks when authorized by CFO.
- Cash receipts
- Receive client payments, identify invoice(s) being paid by clients & apply properly in our accounting system.
- Write up deposit slips & bring to the bank on a daily basis.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations in a timely manner
- Provide backup for other Accountant’s duties
- Assist CFO with other duties and/or special projects (G/L analysis) as needed.
- Associates' or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting (additional years of accounting experience may offset degree requirement)
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Prior and recent ADP payroll (or similar) experience at least 2 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively communicate in a professional manner with attorneys, staff, clients, and vendors.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & Outlook),
- Excellent understanding of AP, AR & GL accounting and terminology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee & client records.
- Numbers aptitude, detail & deadline oriented, analytical skills, professional work ethic, proactive, and problem solving, ability to multitask, and work well in a team environment.
- Work Hours: 8:00-4:30, or 7.5 hours per day, and a 37.50 hour work week.
- Previous accounting, legal or professional services experience
- Familiarity with legal software.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, & vision insurance, HSA, FSA’s, PTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, and paid parking/transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary minimum requirements to email@example.com .
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis***